Our map shows City of Eagle Zoned land (orange) within City of Eagle's Area of Impact. The light areas are Ada County Zoned properties within our designated City. This visually shows the proposed cell tower site on a residential Ada County property, surrounded by our City of Eagle zoned residential homes.
If you are in and surrounded by the orange area (City of Eagle zoning), then you are under City of Eagle ordinances/codes/Comprehensive Plan. If you are in City of Eagle Zoned areas, but your property line is shared with or near the light Ada County Zoned areas, be for-warned. Ada County may or may not "recognize" City of Eagle codes & ordinances. They may not even listen to our City Officials asking to respectfully adhere to those codes/ordinances, thus have Eagle's best interests at heart.
During this process, it was learned that Ada County Planning & Zoning is using our City of Eagle 2004 Comprehensive Plan in making very important decisions on what is and isn't approved on Ada County land within our City limits. This is concerning. We will continue to pursue working with Ada County to ensure they are not referring to 14yr old plans.
Outdated Map provided to Community by Powder River Developement of Eagle
ATTENTION: Our Eagle Neighborhood off Beacon Light between Ballanytne & Eagle Rd IS THE NEXT PROPOSED SITE FOR A MONO-PINE CELL TOWER! IF ADA COUNTY COMMISSIONERS APPROVES THE Conditional Use Permit MANY SURROUNDING HOME OWNERS WILL BE FORCED TO LIVE WITH IT, OR MOVE.
While we are not opposed to improved telecommunications, there are much less controversial, and intrusive areas for such development where safe placement is AWAY FROM OUR NEIGHBORHOODS. We are petitioning for this tower application to be DENIED from being erected on RESIDENTIAL RUT Property, the first in our great City of Eagle.
SIGN THE PETITION AND JOIN THE 60+ HOMES WITHIN 1,000 FT OF IMPACT NOW!
SAVE THE DATE AND SHOW UP AT THE APPEAL HEARING: January 9th, 2019; 6pm in Commissioners Main Hearing Room #1235 (first floor), 200 W Front St, Boise, ID
1. Tell ADA COUNTY COMMISSIONERS Jim Tibbs, Rick Visser, and Dave Case TO DENY THE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT required to erect this COMMERCIAL tower on our RESIDENTIAL ZONED PROPERTY, to RESPECT Eagle Mayor Ridgeway & Council's request to disapprove, and PROTECT CITY OF EAGLE PROPERTY OWNERS INVESTMENTS, PRIVACY, QUALITY OF LIFE, SAFETY & HEALTH.
2. Tell POWDER RIVER DEVELOPMENT, LLC of Eagle, in conjunction with HORIZON TOWER, LLC of California on behalf of VERIZON, to MOVE THE TOWER TO A NON-RESIDENTIAL AREA, and hold them accountable for DECEIVING & MISLEADING not only OUR RESIDENTS, but residents throughout the Treasure Valley with the same exact misleading tactics:
· Not all homes within 1,000ft of the proposed site receiving notification of the community meeting via mail on the matter.
· Notification(s) provided conflicting information on date, time and place, including wrong stated days in reference to dates "Held Monday May 16th"...the 16th is on a Wednesday., wrong addresses for meeting places "at Meridian District Library located at 100 Stierman Way Eagle", holding meeting a 20min drive away from neighborhood of impact rather than at nearest public library two minutes down the road, etc...
· INACCURATE MAPS that do not depict CURRENT character of area and the impact a Commercial Cell Tower will cause. REFERENCE ABOVE IMAGES.
· Document Discrepancies: Several documents state heights ranging from 65’-100’. Site placement markers have been moved on the property, however geo coordinates do not match newest location (red arrow).
3. Tell the TAYLOR FAMILY, OWNERS OF 2557 N. SKY VIEW LANE, EAGLE, ID that moving to our beautiful state and misusing their residential property for business and financial gain (fact) at the expense of the City of Eagle, ID residents is not OK!
· THE PROPERTY OWNERS DO NOT LIVE ON PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED ADA COUNTY, NOT CITY OF EAGLE.
· THE PROPERTY OWNERS DISCREETLY SIGNED A LEASE WITH VERIZON IN DECEMBER 2017 FOR A MONTHLY LEASE PAYOUT. WE WERE NOT INFORMED UNTIL MAY, NOR CONSIDERED IN THEIR GREEDY DECISION.
· THE PROPOSED TOWER MARKER IS LITERALLY PLACED APPROXIMATELY 20 STEPS FROM THE CLOSEST PROPERTY LINE, AND 80 STEPS FROM NEAREST HOMES! THIS DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 50x50 FOOT ENCLOSURE PLACED WITHIN STEPS OF OUR PROPERTY LINES!
We are not overstating the issues below. All information is readily available online and quite telling.
1. BE READY FOR A DECREASE IN YOUR PROPERTY VALUE! You will be required to disclose this tower on any and all home/property sale transactions. Homeowners all over the country with towers being erected near their homes are dealing with value losses up to 20% or more!
There is no question that installation of this facility at this site will impact property values in the adjacent and surrounding neighborhoods. Because of the intense and on-going controversy surrounding such sites and the stigmas attached thereto, it will be increasingly more difficult for sellers to maintain their current level of pricing in the area. Wireless cellular towers and base stations are listed in the “50 Environmental Hazards to Avoid When Buying, Selling or Maintaining a Home" (The Home Environmental Source Book). And the locations of this tower facility must be disclosed to potential buyers just as with any other potential hazard in the area or they can be sued.
2. Additionally, the ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT in our rural area includes disruption to animal and bird migration patterns, and loss of habitat.
3. Apart from, and in addition to the unknown health and environmental concerns, cell towers become EYESORES (even when falsely made to look like trees). Unfortunately, this one will stand alone in a property of weeds, enclosed by a 50x50 fence with no chance of blending in.
4. NOISE NUISANCE from AC units & generators, INVASION of PRIVACY as workers will have clear shots into windows of homes and yards.
5. Last but definitely not least are the ample disturbing publications in recent research by top world renowned scientists and doctors over the UNKNOWN HEALTH RISKS of long-term effects of exposure to cell towers which emit high-frequency radio waves, or microwaves. Safe distance from these towers is .25 miles. YOU are INSIDE of the .25 mile unsafe area! The closer you are, the greater the danger. The microwaves from cell phone towers have been shown to interfere with your body’s own EMFs, causing a variety of potential health problems, including Headaches, Memory loss, Cardiovascular stress, Low sperm count, Birth defects, and Cancer.
JOIN our efforts as we accelerate any means necessary to convince them to do what is right, inclusive of, but not limited to organized peaceful protests, petition appropriate governmental entities, engage media and pursue legal action. STAY UPDATED, EDUCATED, and SHARE.